Tuesday 28 July 2009

Thank chuff for Lemsip

The last couple of days I've woken up with the threat of a cold lurking in the background; perpetually tired, a sore throat and that 'heat' in my sinuses. Yesterday I spent the whole day sneezing but I thought it was because I'd been having a much needed clearout and had dislodged loads of dust. As it turns out a cold has come into full force today. There was no way I was dragging my sore tired bones out of bed at the usual time this morning and my head feels like it's clamped in a vice as is squeezes out every last, well, there's no need to go there! The only respite is the miracle of Lemsip every 4 hours

...and all the while, in the back of my head, I have that niggling thought "is it swine flu?" I know it isn't - I don't have a cough, my body doesn't ache like flu, I don't "feel" sick but I'm waiting...

... and while I wait, my lack of attention to my work (and an excuse that I can't make creatures lest I contaminate them with some infectious germ) brought me to wander the pages of Etsy and I foumd these little gems:

Dragon Particulare respirator by Tom Banwell

So I'll sit here, sipping my elixir and muster up the energy to get a wriggle on and get to work!

No comments: