Sunday 6 September 2009

I had a dream last night... might even be prophesy.

I was walking across the moors. The sun was trying to shine but there was a thick blanket of cloud stopping the rays reaching me. There was a strong wind blowing against me and whipping my hair about my face. I was heading to the site (site for what I can’t quite remember) and I had a plunger and a bag of smarties that I’d meticulously picked out all the blue ones from.



As I walked I whistled. It was a tune that I knew I had to sing at this point in the journey. I had that creepy feeling that something was watching me but there was nowhere anyone could be hiding; the land was flat and there were no buildings for miles.



The tree came into view; the marker that I had reached my destination. As I got closer the ground got crisper. Each footstep sounded like I was crushing eggshells; the grass and shrubs were like really fine glass that broke into tiny shards beneath my feet. At the base of the tree was a small pool - the entrance. I launched myself toward the pool, threw in the smarties, covered the pool with the plunger and started thrashing it with all my might.



… and then I woke up.

So what does it mean?


Well, I think I can safely say that the creatures are sock horrors and the pool is their wormhole from The Doldrums, but smarties are a new development. I wonder what havoc they wreak. And the ground turning to glass in the area around the portal?… well that’s new too.

No comments: