Thursday 9 July 2009

I’m a girl of extremes… all or nothing.

I latch on to a project; whether it is creating new creatures, throwing myself at a new profile or collaborating on a new volume of Sockmosis. I go for it hammer and tongs until I get to a place where I can say ‘my work here is done’ and then I move on. It’s not the best way of working. I become engrossed in that one task at the expense of everything else.

Recently my attention has been absorbed firstly by creating costumes for the fancy dress party a couple of weeks ago (the theme was Heroes and Villains; I was Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors and my fella was Optimus Prime)

With the Hitcher for those of you that know 'The Mighty Boosh'

Can you tell which one is the cardboard cut out?

...and this last week I was getting tribal garb together for our troupes performance last Friday.

I’m glad to say that both events were a huge success.

So I’ve been madly busy of late, yet I realise that my presence online has been neglected and Sock Horror has suffered. I came here today to find that my last blog entry was a competition launch… well, I’m sad to say I forgot about that! Didn’t promote it or nurture it at all, so I’m doubly shocked that I did actually receive some entries.

I’d like to thank those of you that participated and apologise for taking my eye off the ball. I promise to give you my full attention next time I launch a competition… watch this space because there’s another one on its way.

So, without further ado, I’d like to announce that the winner of the competition was Trey Rain who suggested that these adorable little creatures are Scouts of the Doldrums, sent ahead of the raiding party to scope out fresh supplies of socks and map out possible dangers. Well done Trey!



No comments: