Sunday 19 April 2009

So, we leave for Whitby Goth Weekend in 4 days and as usual I'm frantically trying to get my stock together. It seems that no matter how well I plan, or how far in advance I start, I get to the point where I have to throw a couple of all nighters to get everything finished.

I did think I was on top of everything this year, but just when I feel like I'm getting ahead I get another wholesale request (Japonica last week) and this week I've had 2 other wholesale orders to fullfil from PAD gallery and Hex Piercing studio. I really can't complain. It just means that all the stock I've been building in prep for the Whitby Goth Weekend has just sailed out the window.

I'm now looking at the remaining pile of Horrors and wondering whether I have enough or whether I'm going to find myself sewing in the van on the journey to Whitby... again!

And as if that isn't enough, my sister has taken a stall this year. She is trading under the name of Bride and Gloom. She booked her pitch within weeks of opening her own sewing rooms. The good news for her is that she's been absolutely snowed under with work and has had to take on 2 staff just to cover her everyday work. The bad news is that she hasn't had a free minute to get stock together for her Whitby stall and so I've been giving her every spare minute I can to help her out.

So now... do I crack on with my own Sock Horror stock or do I think I have enough together to help my sister?


It's not all doom and gloom though, the Sock Horror stall has some exciting new items for you this year. We are aware that some of you are now in constant fear that you will become victims of their crimes. We can sympathise with the desperation and anger that these creatures intill; that they can travel freely around your homes is a scary thing. Therefore we have paid particular attention to our warding charms;
pin badges and buttons,

specially preserved doldrite eyes as clips and rings,

greeting cards
and magnetic bookmarks

all on offer to help you out in times of need.



No comments: