Saturday 9 May 2009

May madness

It was so hard to drag my lazy bones out of bed this morning, but I did it… for you. No, that’s a lie. I had to get up at an ungodly hour to take my hubby to work as his bike is in bits in the garage. It seems to be in pieces more than it is whole… he just loves to tinker.

It was good I was up so early as I had a list of jobs to do in town; parcels to take to the post office, cheques to take to the bank and several other errands to run. My last stop is Chilli Lime deli where I have a coffee with my mate and pick up my organic veg box. It was crazy today though. Every time we stood by the door to get some sun/ air another customer came in. No rest for the wicked. But then all hell broke loose as the salon at the end had a burst pipe and water was gushing everywhere. Taff being the gent that he is ran to their aid leaving me to look after his shop. Now I like food, but my knowledge is limited when it comes to helping others work out what they will like. Which of these oils are better for dipping? Rape seed or olive oil, lemon or walnut? Which passata is best for use with Borlotti beans? I just hope I haven’t given any bad advice and turned some of his customers away. I had fun though. It was good to see that everyone is in chaos and it’s not just me.


So the chaotic run up to Whitby, the whirlwind festival and the frantic restock of our vendors has been managed and we can now turn our attention to the next series of events.

Our good friends at Chilli Lime Deli are once again hosting their ‘Chilli cook-off’ heats, the first of which is on the 16th May. Come down to Fleming square in Blackburn and for a small donation to charity taste the participants’ entries and vote for your favourite chilli. There will be other entertainment as well as the Sock Horror road show.

Also this month we have Hull Ink on the 24th of May. This promises to be an excellent event with 34 tattoo artists from the UK and Europe, tattoo competitions, bands and of course the market where you will find us nestled among your favourite stalls.

So, I’d better get my arse in gear. I have Horror skins to stuff and body bags to make.

No comments: