Friday 20 March 2009

Celestial socks and no incision

There is a pair of socks that I love. I've had them for quite a while and so far all I've managed to do is look at them!

Usually when I fall for a pair of socks I instantly know what I'm going to do with them and I have to do it there and then... the design generally shouts out for a particular shape or a patch of pattern for a specific location, but not this time.

I bought them from an independent retailer in Preston. A little shop that doesn't usually sell socks, but on this occasion made my heart soar as I found the most amazing socks with planets and rockets on them. I have gazed into their weave pondering their fate on numerous occasions and so far been unable to make the first cut. For some reason, with this particulat pair of socks, I am hesitant to jump in and see what happens as I would do with all other socks. What if I don't like the end result? what if I spoil them?

It's stupid I know, but I love them too much to waste them and have no way to replace them if the worst should happen.

I think I just need to force myself to pick up the scissors and make the first incision...

Yikes! Done! Holy smokes!

Well the hard bit's over; I just have to make the darn things now :)

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: